My 4 Little Boys

My 4 Little Boys
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Family Vacation (one of several posts...I hope)

I'm going to try to write a bit everyday. Day one consisted of packing the vehicles and driving...and driving some more...and finally we made it!! We stopped at Davis for some fried pies and then drove into Sulphur to Little Niagra. Benjamin wanted to get his swimming trunks on but we needed to move on. We stopped at Lake Texoma for a picnic lunch right on the lake. Damon and his parents reminisced about family vacations to the Lake from years past. Ginger told us about her setting the grass on fire when she was a young girl. Damon told me about his bicycle wreck...bicycles and tin horns don't go together and he found out the hard way!!
We made it to the cabin, unloaded vehicles, put away the groceries, and I began my work in the kitchen. Jacob, Lauren, and Avery arrived and got all unpacked and ready to begin the week. Lauren and I began preparing dinner while the guys ran to the grocery store to pick up a few items.
Dinner was served, kitchen cleaned, and a movie was started...I went to bed!!
More adventures to come today...well, they've already started...I came out on the deck because I couldn't sleep. Damon soon followed me but neither of us realized the doorknob was locked...YEP, you guessed it...we were locked out. I called my father-in-law to come let us in...and he laughed at us!! That's ok...we laughed too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment